Update June 3, 2020
Parents & Grads,
We are excited to announce our plans for the LHS Class of 2020 Graduation Commencement.
Grads will park in Stadium Parking Lot and report to the Reader Board/Senior Rock at their scheduled time.
Grads are to be dressed in their Cap & Gown.
Grads will be able to bring up to 5 guests with them to the ceremony.
The ceremony will consist of four stations to celebrate each Grad while giving them one last experience at LHS.
Each grad will receive a separate email in a day or so confirming their scheduled appointment time on June 16th, 17th or 18th.
Details of Ceremony:
Grads will get to start the day by Signing the Class of 2020 ROCK
Grads and guests will be able to take informal pictures in front of the Warrior Wall Art on the face of the Bud Page Activity Center. Please bring a camera/cell phone.
- All guests and school personnel will wear face masks inside the building. The Grads will have the option of wearing a mask. They do not have to for photos.
- Grads and guests enter the gym hallway.
- Grads and guests will then enter the Auditorium.
- Once inside the auditorium, a board member, District Office representative, and LHS admin will be on stage to award the diploma. A senior senator will read the Grad’s name. The Grad will then walk up the stairs onto the stage.
- The reading of the name ceremony should only take about 2 to 3 minutes so we can stay on schedule to award over 300 diplomas to Grads in 3 days.
- A professional photo will be taken of each grad receiving their diploma.
- Grad and guests will exit into the Commons.
- Grad will have access to photos on the school website.
- A slideshow of all students will be created to share with the community.
Station # 4
- Exit out front doors. Feel free to take one last photo at the flag pole and toss your cap if you wish.
Again, each Grad will receive a separate email in the coming days to confirm their exact report time. Please do everything possible to stick with the appointment time we confirm with you.