CANVAS Information for Students
How to login to Canvas:
- Student Login directly with this link: https://lebanonk12.instructure.com
- Parent Login to Canvas: https://lebanonk12.instructure.com/login/canvas
Information you’ll need to login:
- You will need to use your school-provided email address and password regardless of which login method you use.
- The first time you log in, you will need to check “I agree to the Acceptable Use Policy” and then click submit.
- If you need to reset your password, please call Joy Huber at 541-451-8555 x1028 or click on this link to submit a google form request.
To view which courses/subjects you are enrolled in:
- Click “courses” from the far-left menu.
- Click “All Courses”
- Here you will see a list of courses/subjects you are enrolled in
To open a Zoom session
On the homepage of your course, click either the button labeled “Go to Zoom” or use the “Zoom” link in the main course menu to the left. If there are multiple Zoom sessions scheduled, choose the one that fits your class time Click “Join”. Zoom will automatically open in a new window
Directions to watch a Zoom session later (available for 7 days)
Log into Canvas
Go to Course
On left sidebar click zoom
Choose recording and click on it.
This will automatically copy a passcode
Paste that code on the screen that loads.
Wednesdays are considered “asynchronous” days which means there are no zoom meetings required. However, students are assigned assignments in Canvas from all of their teachers and are expected to complete them the same day. This counts as their attendance for Wednesday. If they do not do the assignment, then the student is marked absent.
We recommend parents and students do the Canvas tutorial. Go to the link below and choose High School.
CANVAS Information for Parents
Parents – once your student logs into Canvas, you can then create your account and pair with them.
Pairing a Canvas Account (this is how parents can see their student’s grades)
- To get the Pairing Code:
- Have your student login into their Canvas account, click the Account link
- Click on the Settings link
- Click the ‘Pair with Observer’ button
- Copy or write down the pairing code (codes are case sensitive)
- Click the ‘OK’ button to close the window
- Use the code to create your Parent Account using the steps above
- To download app and create an account:
- Open your iOS or Android app store
- Search for “Canvas Parent”
- Download and open app
- Click “Find School”
- Type “Lebanon” in the “Find Your School” box
- Click “Lebanon Community Schools (Parents/Guardians”)
- Under the login button, click “Need a Canvas Account? Click Here”
- Click “Parents Sign Up Here”
- Fill out the form with your information – to get the Pairing Code, follow the instructions above