U.S. ARMY JUNIOR ROTC PROGRAM
Lebanon High School
1700 South 5th Street
Lebanon, Oregon 97355
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a class at the high school where you can learn a lot, have fun doing it, gain some unique and valuable experiences, meet your PE requirement, and all at no cost to you? There is such a program at Lebanon High School – The Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC).
The Lebanon High School Warrior Battalion
JROTC is a structured class that helps develop high school students into leaders while teaching them skills that will help them in all their classes. You will learn about your community, your school and yourself. You will be challenged mentally and physically. You will make new friends and learn skills that will help you both in and out of the classroom. You will be part of a team of motivated young men and women seeking to make a positive difference.
Let us give you the facts on this great leadership and character development program.
- There is no requirement to join any military service. We encourage the young men and women in our program to seek college or trade education following graduation from high school. The JROTC program is not a recruiting tool for the military!
- There is absolutely no cost to you or your family. We provide all uniforms and equipment you will need. Students wear a uniform one day every two weeks.
- Students passing the first two years of the program will receive 1 Physical Education credit (.5 credit per year), completing their PE graduation requirements.
In addition to classroom academics, the JROTC program offers a variety of co-curricular (before and after school) activities:
- A Color Guard team that presents our national flag during school, community and state events and ceremonies and that competes several times a year.
- Air Rifle, Physical Fitness and Drill teams that train for and compete in several competitions a year.
- Community service projects that give students practical experience helping others in need and that fulfill graduation requirements.
- Formal events that expose students to proper social behavior.
What We Expect
What we expect from students in our program is discipline, respect, honor, hard work, commitment and teamwork. Students willing to embrace these qualities will do well in JROTC and anything else they attempt. If you are looking for a unique class that will help you have fun, meet positive people and become involved in our community as well as a program that will develop your academic, social, and leadership skills, then JROTC is for you. Please contact us should you have any questions.
Sergeant First Class (SFC)
U.S. Army Retired
541) 451-8555 x1127 email@example.com
Lieutenant Colonel (LTC)
U.S. Army Retired
Senior Army Instructor
(541) 451-8555 x1045 firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the links to our web page and facebook pages:
Facebook JROTC: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170749510112983/
Facebook JROTC Rifle Team: https://www.facebook.com/groups/728703597268651/
Facebook JROTC Competition Teams: https://www.facebook.com/groups/587857667971116/