Class of 2019 Senior Information
Senior Meeting Dates
Held on Early Release Wednesdays
during Advisory Period (8:50 am – 9:25 am)
- October 24, 2018 = Cap & Gown Forms, Senior Motto, Order packets from Miners for graduation announcements will be handed out.
- November 7, 2018 = Senior Song Ballot, Job Fair, FAFSA, Scholarships,
- December 5, 2018 = Job Fair and Voting Results
- January 9, 2019 = Grad Plans, Scholarships, Honors Program review, Sr. t-shirt info
- April 10, 2019 = Distribute Grad Plans
- May 8, 2019 = Review grad dates and expectations
- May 22, 2019 = Review dates and expectations
Important Dates for Seniors
- Sept 12, 2018 = FAFSA information night 6:30-8:00 pm in the LHS Auditorium
- Sept 22, 2018 = Bottle & Can Fundraiser at Megafoods 9 am-noon
- Sept 22, 2018 = Ford Drive 4 Your School Fundraiser 10 am – 3 pm
- Oct 5, 2018 = National Manufacturing Day
- Oct 10, 2018 = SAT test Seniors: Lebanon School District offers this test for free for Seniors on this date only.
- Oct 22, 2018 = Scholarship Information Night 6:00 pm in the College and Career Center @ LHS. If you can’t make it, there will be a makeup session on Thursday, October 25th during 2nd period in the College and Career Center. 2018 Scholarships power point presentation
- November 6, 2018 5:30-7:30 pm = FAFSA night Lab in the College & Career Center. Please bring your parents and complete a FAFSA or ORSAA at the LHS lab night.
- November 5-9, 2018 College Application Week! Sign up in with Mrs. Eilers in the College and Career Center
- November 20, 2018 = Deadline to Submit a Senior Photo. Seniors are encouraged to submit a portrait photo for publication to the yearbook. Check the front office for requirements sheet. Email your digital photo to email@example.com
- Dec 5, 2018 (revised date)= Senior Quotes due to Yearbook. To submit a quote, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Quotes should be 140 characters or less. Please make sure it’s appropriate! (No cuss words / suggestive language)
- May 20, 2019 = Awards/Scholarship Night
- May 30, 2019 = Last day of class for seniors
- June 4, 2019 = Graduation 6:30 pm
We recommend seniors and families do campus visits! Here’s a list of Preview Days for local colleges:
- Oregon State University Open House Dates – Friday, October 12th & Saturday, November 17th. You must register online.
- Western Oregon University Preview Days – Saturday, October 27th, Saturday, February 9th. Register online.
- University of Oregon – Preview Day – Friday, October 19th. Register Online.
- Portland State University – Preview Day – Saturday, October 27th. Register Online
- Eastern Oregon University – Preview Day – Saturday Nov. 10th, Monday Feb. 18th & Saturday April 13th. Register Online
- Southern Oregon University – Preview Days – January 11 & April 5. Register Online.
- Oregon TECH Preview Day – Saturday, October 20th. Register online.
- Corban University – Preview Days November 11-12, & February 10-11. Register Online.
- Linfield College – Preview Days Friday Oct. 12th, Monday Nov. 12th, Friday May 17. Scholarship & Visit Weekend, Sunday February 17. Register online.
- Pacific University – Preview Days – variety of dates, see website
- George Fox University – Preview Days – October 25-26, Register online.
- Willamette University – Friday Oct. 12th, Monday Nov 12th, Register online
- Lane Community College – see website
- Have you applied to college yet? If so, you will want to have your official high school transcript sent to the college. Sign up for your transcript on the clipboard at my desk. (Registrar’s office)
- Do you know the difference between and unofficial and official transcripts? Unofficial means I print out a transcript and hand it to you, not signed or anything. Official transcript means I sign it, stamp it with my fancy registrar seal, and place it in a sealed envelope. Colleges always want official transcripts.
- During the year as you apply for scholarships you might need more transcripts. Some scholarships will need official and some need unofficial. You will need to read carefully the directions for each one.
- LBCC College Now Credits. Many students have earned college credit through their high school classes. Some example of College Now classes include: College Algebra (MTH111), Trigonometry (MTH112), AP English Language (WR121), AP English Literature (ENG104), etc. The best way to find out if you have any college credits it to log in to your LBCC webrunner account. You will need your student ID/X number for that. I have your X number so just stop by my desk or send me an email and I can give you that number.
- Fill out the Oregon Promise Application from the Oregon Promise Grant area, click Register to apply. Oregon Promise information
- Fill out the FAFSA financial aid application (you will want to do this with your parents)
- If you have more questions, please see Wendy Eilers in the College and Career Center. You can also email her at Wendy.Eilers@lebanon.k12.or.us