Oregon Essential Skills Required for Graduation
Students must demonstrate proficiency in identified essential skills.
- Read and comprehend a variety of text.
(Smarter Balanced score of 2515 or better)
- Write clearly and accurately.
(Smarter Balanced score of 2583 or better)
- Apply mathematics in a variety of settings.
(Smarter Balanced score of 2543 or better)
These are the primary ways students meet essential skills. Below are the links to the ODE website which shows all ways students can meet essential skills including PSAT, SAT, work samples, etc. At LHS students who have not yet met essential skills by the beginning of their senior year will be scheduled into elective lab classes (Language Arts Lab 12 or Essential Math Skills) where they will do work samples to meet essential skills.
- Prior years’ options for demonstrating proficiency in the essential skills areas:
Options for Demonstrating Proficiency in the Essential Skills
- Essential Skills required for an Oregon Diploma
- Oregon Diploma Requirements
- SBAC Opt-Out_Form_2018-19