Local Scholarships Available updated 2/4/2019
- Seniors: You should be checking in with Mrs. Eilers weekly to see if there are new scholarships available! A Scholarship Station has been set up for you in the College and Career Center for you to be able to glance at the qualifications of a scholarship and grab what you need. Don’t miss out on the chance to get free money for college!
Lebanon Schools Foundation Scholarship Application
Add/Due Date: added January 14, due March 20
- List of Christian Colleges (for the The Edward and Mary Woods Memorial Scholarship which is one of the scholarships in the Lebanon Schools Foundation application)
Scholarship Presentation from October 2018
Apply for FAFSA – https://fafsa.ed.gov/
This is the federal application for financial aid in college. Completing it is a requirement for Oregon Promise and schools use this information to determine how much aid money you qualify for in college. You will need your parent/guardian’s 2016 tax information to complete the application. Some of FAFSA’s grants are first come, first serve so apply as soon as possible!
Apply for Oregon Promise – http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/apply-here.aspx
Oregon Promise is a state program, which could pay for some or all of your tuition at an Oregon community college. To qualify you must have a 2.5 GPA, be an Oregon resident, start community college classes within 6 months of graduating, and list at least one Oregon community college on your FAFSA. You must apply by the June 1, 2019 deadline.
If you don’t have a 2.5 GPA… you may be eligible for Post Graduate Scholars Program! This is a district program for students with 1.5 – 2.49 GPAs. You must apply for FAFSA and Oregon Promise to be eligible for Post Graduate Scholars. See Ms. Anderson for the application.
State Scholarships OSAC – Opens November 1, 2018
There are hundreds of Oregon scholarships available through this scholarship portal. You will be required to fill out a few essay questions as part of your application — save your responses in a document so you can reuse them for other applications!
Send Your SAT Scores – www.collegeboard.org
Login to your College Board account and select “send my scores,” or check in with Mrs. Restau, to make sure your SAT scores have been sent to the schools you’ve applied to. There is a $12 fee for each school you send scores to. If you didn’t take the SAT this year, or would like to take it again, register for a test date ASAP.
College Now Information
- LBCC College Now Link
- How to order a LBCC transcript and get your college now credits transferred
- How to sign up for College Now
Interested in playing college sports? We recommend you talk with Kraig Hoene, Athletic Director, to review your transcript and NCAA requirements.
Be sure to check out the NCAA website
Interested in playing college sports? We recommend you talk with Kraig Hoene, Athletic Director, to review your transcript and NAIA requirements.
Oregon Public University Scholarship Opportunities
- Portland State University
Portland State University offers the opportunity to earn 4 years of free tuition. Check out the link to see if you qualify!
University of Oregon offers a similar program called “Pathway Oregon”. Check out their link to see if you qualify!
- Western Oregon University Presidential Scholarship
WOU Jump Start is for full-time freshmen starting in the fall who want to attend a four-year college but are considering community college because of financial constraints. If the student received admittance into Oregon Promise, they would qualify for $1,500 each year for two years at Western. If the student qualified for the program in every aspect other than the family’s expected contribution level — a new limitation to be set by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission — they would still qualify for $1,000 each year for two years.
Students with the Oregon Promise who decide to transfer to Western Oregon University will receive $1,500 per year up to 90 total credits or the remainder of their Oregon Promise eligibility, whichever comes first.
- Oregon State University Scholarships
- Eastern Oregon University Scholarships
- Southern Oregon University Scholarships
State and National Scholarships Websites
Here are some helpful scholarship websites:
The College Board is investing $25 million in a new scholarship program, with students earning $5 million in scholarships each year, beginning with the class of 2020.
- http://oregongearup.org/calendar/scholarship (we really like this website!)
- http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/scholarships.aspx (OSAC SCHOLARSHIP)