- SENIOR MEETINGS: We have scheduled senior meetings throughout the year to keep you updated on important graduation requirements and more. I encourage you to attend each and every senior meeting. If you do not attend, you may miss out on important updates. Our first one is Thursday, October 5th. At this meeting we will be meeting with our Jostens rep to talk about graduation announcements, how to order your graduation cap and gown, plus voting on senior class song and motto. Don’t miss it! This senior meetings starts promptly at 9:10am.
- SENIOR MEETING - November 9 during 7th period
- SENIOR MEETING - Thursday, December 7th during Advisory
- COLLEGE KNOWLEDGE NIGHT - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2024 6 PM - College Knowledge Night: Financial Aid has been moved to January 3rd at 6pm in the LHS Library. This event was originally scheduled for December 6, however, FAFSA has announced that the application for financial aid will not open until December 31st. In order to best assist families with this new information, we changed the date so we have the most up-to-date info to share. If you have a student who is interested in pursuing any kind of education beyond high school (universities, community colleges, trade schools, etc.), they must complete the FAFSA or ORSAA in order to qualify for any kind of aid, loans, scholarships, work study, etc. Come ready to learn all about financial aid and how to get money for college!
College Knowledge Night presentation (pdf)
- FAFSA/ORSAA Night at LHS is next Wednesday, January 10th from 4 to 7pm in the LHS library. If you want help completing the FAFSA, please stop by during that time. We will have people available to help with FAFSA, ORSAA, Oregon Promise, and OSAC scholarships. Seniors AND Parents/Guardians will need their social security or Alien Registration number in order to complete all applications.
- JOB FAIR - THURSDAY, JANUARY 11, 2024: One of the graduation requirements you have is CRLS (Career Related Learning Standards). In years past we have had students complete that requirement by attending the Albany Youth Job Fair. This year, we have decided to create our own job fair. This may be something you have already started working on in your language arts class (cover letter, resume, job application, letters of recommendation). All Job Fair paperwork will be due to Language Arts teachers on Tuesday, November 21st.
- COLLEGE KNOWLEDGE NIGHT - THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2024 6 PM - Topic is Scholarships - in the LHS Auditorium. Students/Parents/Guardians are welcome!
February 1st College Knowledge Night Presentation (pdf)
- ACADEMIC HONORS DIPLOMA & SPECIALIZATION APPLICATIONS - Applications can be picked up at the beginning of 2nd semester at the Registrar's desk and will be due by Wednesday, February 21, 2024. The application will take only 5-10 minutes to complete and must be filled out by the student. To apply for Valedictorian or Salutatorian simply fill out the Academic Honors Application. Criteria sheets available with the application.
- COLLEGE & CAREER - Please check our College and Career Center Page often for Oregon Promise, FAFSA, and Scholarship Updates. The FAFSA will open on December 31, 2023 this year with a new and updated form. https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/fafsa-support